We are recruiting for a national healthcare practice. They are seeking a Controller to join their team in Richmond, VA.
Operational Accounting and Transactions
– Receive all invoices from vendors to be paid and manage payment of bills; Present bills to be paid to the CEO and CFO for approval
– Prepare invoices
– Process charges membership payments
– Reconcile bank and credit card statements
– Record transactions and prepare financial reports using QuickBooks
– Reconcile Due To and Due From accounts on balance sheet
– Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
– Enter bills into QB for all companies
– Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
– Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
– Process payroll in a timely manner
– Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed monthly
– Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
– Maintain the chart of accounts
– Maintain an orderly accounting filing system in Dropbox
– Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
Financial and Operational Reporting
– Prepare daily cash report for CFO
– Close the books on a monthly basis and issue timely and complete financial statements. Report significant issues to management in financial commentary.
– Manage the preparation of the year end financial reports
– Provide for mechanism to download monthly financial report from QB’s and issue to clinics for review.
– Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
– Work closely with outside tax advisors to complete tax returns for all entities and K-1’s for all investors
– Controller reports to CFO
– 5 to 7 years hands on experience in financial statement preparation and operations accounting
– Prior experience working as a controller in a small to medium size company preferred
– Experience with multi-unit company environment and intercompany accounts
– Understanding and experience working with accrual based accounting
– Deep knowledge and experience working in the QuickBooks Enterprise accounting package
– Must have an out going personality and be able to train the staff at the clinics on QuickBooks related issues and procedures
– Strong excel skills
– Attention to detail a must
– Ability to work in a fast passed start-up environment
– Degree in accounting and CPA preferred (Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA or Certified Management Accountant designations); Must have a strong knowledge of GAAP.
If you are interested, please apply to this link or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing qualified candidates!