We are recruiting for an established electrical equipment firm. They are looking for a Outside Sales Representative to join their growing team in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for finding and nurturing new customer accounts and expanding sales with existing ones. The position offers competitive base salary, uncapped commissions, continuing education, benefits and tons of room for growth.
· Execute the assigned portion of the annual sales and marketing plan.
· Call on prospective and existing clients to build long-term relationships; nurture and develop existing customer relationships; follow -through and convert referrals and warm leads.
· Consult with customers, close sales, upsell, process orders, work with inside sales team to source material when not in stock.
· Resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
· Expand Nationwide’s reach in proven markets (e.g. lumber mills, concrete plants, maritime industry, etc.) and explore new ones.
· Identify and explore new markets that complement our abilities.
· Mentor inside sales staff.
COORDINATES WITH THE PURCHASING MANAGER, INVENTORY MANAGER, SALES MANAGER, AND ALL MEMBERS OF THE SALES TEAM WITH REGARD TO:
· Be aware well in advance of new products arriving and needing to be processed
· Provide feedback about missed sales opportunities (out-of-stock, do-not-carry), product mix, customer comments.
· Make inventory manager aware of any inventory and/or e-commerce discrepancies.
· Participate in regular inventory counts.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business management; advanced sales and relationship-building training and experience; five years of sales experience in the electrical distribution industry.
Skills Preferred: 2+ years of sales experience,, Advanced electrical distribution and related educational technical experience; advanced sales and sales prospecting techniques; competence with CRM software; tenacity & thorough follow-up; self- motivated and driven; competence with office software such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), PDF software; knowledge and use of all general office machinery.