We are recruiting for a national packaging firm. They are seeking a Plant Manager for their Virginia location. The ideal candidate will have experience managing both a production facility and a team. They should be able to analyze each step of the manufacturing process and make effective use of resources to deliver desired outcomes. The candidate will also have an ability to follow safety and compliance guidelines diligently in order to create a healthy work environment for all employees.
Key Duties & Accountabilities (Primary responsibilities & quantifiable measurements)
- Achieve Revenue, GP and EBITDA targets
- Oversee daily business operations and evaluate performance and productivity on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with executive leadership and staff as appropriate
- Oversee activities directly related to manufacturing products and delivering services
- Identify, develop, and lead successful, thorough implementation of plans to execute on growth opportunities and initiatives.
- Create and collaborate to identify and implement practices to improve upon potential gaps to goal achievement.
- Maintain an active presence with customers and suppliers.
- Identify staffing needs, and lead effective hiring and practices to ensure a team of aces.
- Coach, champion employee development, and engagement, and delegate responsibilities appropriately to optimize management and team capabilities.
- Analyze production, service and financial data to stay ahead of potential challenges.
- Spearhead strategies to steer the location’s future in a positive direction.
- Drive operating capabilities to maximize customer retention, and company goals.
- Control location costs, and introduce tactical initiatives to address losses.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies, and collaborate with management and team regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
- 6+ years of experience in field
- Experience in plant management and manufacturing operations
- Strong communication, management and supervisory skills
- Ability to think strategically and to lead others
- Strong leadership qualities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced trouble-shooting, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Highly organized
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literate, proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proactive nature
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
If you are interested, please apply or email Brooke Hall email@example.com