Top 5 Questions to Ask in an Interview
We all know that asking questions during a job interview is important. Asking relevant questions will demonstrate that you are a good listener who is prepared and interested. By asking questions during a job interview, you show that you’ve done your research on the sales or management position and the company itself.
Here are five questions that every candidate should ask:
- What personality traits would a potential employee need to be successful in this position?This question shows that you’re interested in being a part of the company culture.
- Is there anything that would make you question my ability to be successful in this role?Genuinely asking this question demonstrates self-awareness, flexibility, and willingness to improve in order to succeed in your potential job.
- What do you feel sets your company apart from your competitorsQuestions about company culture and how a company functions within its industry show investment.
- What are the short and long term goals of your department and company?Asking questions about goals is a good way to engage with the company interviewing you because they demonstrate that you want to be an active participant in the company culture.
- What is the next step in the interview process and who should I follow up with regarding those next steps?
Like some of the questions earlier, this question shows that you are passionate about this job opportunity. Asking this at the end of your interview is a great last impression to make on the hiring manager.