Use a Brag Book to Land that Perfect Job [Part 1]
WHAT IS A BRAGBOOK?
A brag book is a sales person’s aid used to document the success you have had in your sales career and clarify your skill sets in an organized manner. Use it as a tool to sell yourself and leave it with the interviewer so he/she will remember you!
DO YOU NEED A BRAGBOOK?
Absolutely, no true salesperson should interview without one! A brag book is what sets you apart from the competition and adds credibility to the claims that you make in your resume.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A BRAGBOOK?
- SECTION 1: Copy of your resume
- SECTION 2: Brochure or information on the products you currently sell and on the history of your company
- SECTION 3: Achievements and Accolades
- Your numbers to date for every year in sales in chronological order (ytd vs. quota or plan). Any stack rankings for a district, region, or nationwide a plus
- Photos/copies of awards
- Company newsletters with your name listed in it;
- Recommendation letters or emails from mentors, managers or customers complimenting you on sales performance or service.
- Testimonials from current or past customers
- Performance reviews
- Training certificates
- Contests you have won
- Photos of you accepting awards but word to the wise, please make sure these pictures are professional. We had a candidate put pictures of herself in a bikini on her President’s Club trip. This is a DON’T!
- Pay stub that shows your outstanding commissions
- Recent college graduates can include transcripts with GPA (if 3.0 or better)
- SECTION 4: Research on the company that you are interviewing with (examples: articles from Fortune, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, etc)
Stay tuned for part 2 where we will cover How to Assemble Your Brag Book and How/When to Use your Brag Book.